Treasure hunt.....aka trying to find what I need...

For anyone that DOESN'T live in the backwoods of nowhere, it is probably an easy thing to jump into your car and shoot off to the local hardware/craft/specialty store.....but I live in the backwoods of nowhere and, although our hardware store is as helpful as any I've ever seen, they are VERY limited as to what they have and their prices aren't very low.

We have a Walmart about 40 minutes away, but they aren't known for their extensive craft line...not to mention that I REALLY don't like going there and only go under duress (meaning when I have to for work).

There's a (yes one) craft store about an hour and 15 minutes away.....but they are totally overloaded with "doodads" and don't have what I actually need.  Home Depot wasn't a lot of help either, but they could "order" it which would mean another 2 1/2 hour round trip.....ummmmm, No thanks.

I can order the Floetrol online, the only problem is that the cost of shipping is MORE than the cost of the item, not to mention the delay in being able to do anything more to my chairs....and seeing as how I'm obsessed that is simply NOT acceptable!!  And then there is the tintable glaze.....no luck finding that either.....sooooo

It's time to spark up the braincells and see if I can come up with an answer....one that won't cost me more money than it's worth and won't take a week in order to finish my project......

Anyway, I've been invited to go to dinner, so I'm getting off of here and getting ready for FOOD....my second love!!

Have a good day y'all! 

Comments