Sometimes life interrupts.......best it's best to go on

So, I went to the doctor the other day.  I've been under a lot of stress and have been dealing with some depression and anxiety issues, so going to the doctor was a good thing.  Right??

WRONG!!  She, a PA, gave me a high dosage of a drug that I had a reaction to.  Within hours I was vomiting, covered in cold sweat, every muscle in my body cramping with diarrhea to just round things out.   

Not to go into detail.  LOL

Anyway, I'm NOT taking that med and I am also NOT seeing that so called doctor again.  But I do have an appointment in two weeks with a good doctor that I used to see years ago, all I have to do is hold on until then.......

Anyway, I still feel awful, sort of foggy if that makes any sense.  And with that fogs comes another horrible side effect......my painting (magic) mojo is on the fritz!!!  Well, mostly anyway.

So I started working on my dining room table.......just to relieve some of the stress.

Although it isn't finished, I thought I would post a few pics and let y'all know what it looks like so far.

So here we go!!!


As usual, I forgot the "before" picture!!  So here's a "not to far along" picture instead!!


You can see the table finish was NOT in grand condition.


I have I mentioned that I LOVE my little sander??


Had to take a break.....sanding in the middle of the night is tiring.....


Even though it was tiring the table was starting to look better.....


Here we are, half way finished.....ignore my painting supplies under the table please......


One sanding disc down and still not finished.  I sure go though the tack rags.....have to refresh my supply!


Finally.....the ugly stuff is gone!!  (man I have a lot of painting stuff....)


First "weathering" coat on and drying.....already looking old.


Second "weathering" coat on.......when will it every dry??


You can still see the grain of the wood, although now it looks a lot more weathered!

That's it for the night, have to hit the shower and get some rest......but it's starting to look good!!

Anyway, that has been my night.

What do y'all think??
  

Comments